APRICITY FINANCE AND RANDWICK RUGBY CLUB
Apricity Finance CEO Linden Toll grew up as a Coogee local, and has always been a passionate supporter of the club. The support for RDRUFC extends back to Linden’s grandfather and has been passed down through generations with many weekends spent at Coogee Oval. Over the years, Linden watched many of the rugby greats play such as David Campese, Ken Catchpole and George Gregan, to name a few.
Apricity Finance has been a proud sponsor of the Randwick District Rugby Union Football Club since 2018, and the team love attending the sponsored home games and cheering the club on, as well as attending events such as the Annual Randwick Rugby Lunch.
Values such as teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship are at the core of Apricity Finance, and similarly what makes the game special for those who are part of the Randwick Rugby community, making for an ideal partnership.
RANDWICK RUGBY LUNCH 2021, PRESENTED BY APRICITY FINANCE
With the cancellation of virtually all fundraising activities in 2020, it was very exciting for the Annual Randwick Rugby Lunch to be back for 2021, presented by Apricity Finance at Dockside, Cockle Bay Wharf on Friday 12 March.
In commemoration of the club surviving the difficult 2020 COVID season, the lunch previewed the 2021 Shute Shield, announced the club’s first grade captain and had a brilliant sporting panel sharing their sporting secrets.
Key guests included:
– The welcome to country was provided by former Wallaby and proud Yuin and Bidjigal man Gary Ella;
– Master of Ceremonies was former Wallaby and current Stan sport/Channel 9 commentator Morgan Turinui, who is also a Randwick Rugby Club Coach;
– Opening address from Randwick Rugby President John Tuxworth;
– Current Waratahs players were interviewed on stage together, Will Harrison, James Ramm and Ben Donaldson;
– The special guest Q&A panel consisted of Australia’s leading Group 1 winning horse trainer Chris Waller, rugby league legend Laurie Daley and Rugby Australia chairman Hamish McLennan;
– Former Wallaby Owen Finegan also joined the Q&A panel later on.
Other VIP guests in the room included former Australian Cricket test captain Michael Clarke, as well as former Rugby World Cup winning Wallaby Simon Poidevin.
Money for the club was raised through the combination of ticket sales alongside auction items and raffle prizes. All profits raised will go directly to supporting player scholarships, education, injured player fund and social welfare programs.