With over twenty-five years experience in financial services, specifically within international trade, debtor/invoice finance, early payments programs, foreign exchange and working capital management, Michael is a successful, organised and results-driven executive.
Previous roles include Head of Corporate Sales, Executive General Manager and Head of Client Acquisition, as well as various portfolio roles and credit roles, including distressed assets.
Michael is also a guest lecturer and trainer for various universities and the Australian Institute of Export.
Outside of work Michael is an avid lover of sports, especially his beloved NSW Waratahs and animals, and also supports a number of local communities and charities via volunteering.
He also enjoys time away from work skiing (when he doesn't have a broken foot) and time spent with his teenage son.
If you could invite five people to a dinner party, dead or alive, who would they be?
1. Jimi Hendrix - his ability to learn a song immediately and make it his own is sublime, he was a true musical genius
2. David Bowie - I never got to see him live, and he is one of my all time favourite artists and humans
3. Boris Becker - he was my first sporting crush - as a child I idolised BB and wanted to be just like him
4. Eddie Murphy - he and Robin Williams are the funniest people ever - it was a difficult choice between the two - but I feel like Eddie has a want to be on and perform and I would end up just sitting in a corner wih Robin and giggling - so I chose Eddie to entertain the other guests
5. Salvadore Dali - seriously this guy was good. He was strange but cool, before it was cool to be strange. I would love some insight into why and how his mind works - that hamster running inside the wheel in his brain is definitely doing some overtime
What three items would you take with you to a deserted island?
Rum, my partner and our dogs.
What is your favourite holiday destination and why?
Bora Bora, Tahiti - it is a very special place - but I also have a soft spot for Italy and Finland.
What is the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Get your children into Skiing - they won't be able to afford it on their own for a long time - so they will always be happy to come away on family holidays with you.
If money was no object, what would you do all day?